The modern visage of the church is the result of a late-baroque reconstruction. In 1726, abbot Zinke approved to completely remove the old building and a major part of the abbey and their substitution by a more modern building-projected by Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer. A gigantic building which crossed the borders of the original edifice was completed in only six years-1733. Dientzenhofer is also the author of interior design and decoration, painted by outstanding Praque baroque artists-Bernardo Spinetti, Jan Karel Kovář or Felix Antonin Scheffler. The oldest written note of the church is from 1357 when, most likely, the building of the gothic double-nave with a polygonal end and two towers-a big clock one and a bell one- was completed. After the fire of 1684 the church was baroquely rebuilt by Martin Allio in 1685-1688. The inner decoration is very richful and was painted by T and A. Soldato, J.J. Steinfels, M.V. Jäckel and K.J. Hiernle. V.V.Reiner painted the altar decoration and paintings.
Adresa: Klášterní 1, Broumov
Telefon: +420 491 521 282
odkaz na www
1. Opening concert of the Treasures of the Broumov Region Festival
29. 6. 2019
6. Martin Šrejma, Zuzana Rzounková, Martin Sokol, L´Armonia Terrena
3. 8. 2019